Plan a Promotion, Event, or Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in planning a special event, fundraiser, or promotion. The work of Mid-Ohio Foodbank would not be possible without your support. Your kindness helps families keep food on the table while struggling to make ends meet. Your generosity means seniors won’t have to choose between food and prescriptions.
Are you ready to get started? Before you raise funds for Mid-Ohio Foodbank, you must fill out a quick application and be approved. Below is some information, the easy steps to obtain approval, and ideas to make your event or promotion a success.
- A fundraiser is an organized effort to collect money for a set period of time.
- Collecting donations as admission for your event.
- For each LIKE received on Facebook for your company, $2 is donated to Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
- Pay what you want for t-shirt. Make checks payable to Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
- Host a yard sale and donate proceeds to Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
- You can also check out our events page to see what others are doing in the community.
- We stretch your money further. Every dollar donated provides 4 meals for our hungry neighbors.
- It’s convenient. It eliminates grocery shopping and carrying items to the workplace.
- It’s easily manageable for companies, organizations, and groups.
- Thank you for thinking of Mid-Ohio Foodbank! We want your event to be as successful as it can be. Please see our Special Events and Promotions Guidelines.
- Complete your Special Events and Promotions Application online. We will contact you within one week upon receipt of this application regarding the event and promotional material needs.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding your application, please contact: Dana Ward, Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.317.9409
- Enjoy your event! Feel great knowing that you are doing something great for hungry people.
- Yay! Congrats, you’ve finished your event, promotion, or fundraiser. Celebrate and then make sure you remember to submit the donation to our office within 30 days. We’ll put the funds to work right away!
- Also, share your story with us! Submit your success story by emailing Dana Ward at email@example.com. Please include the event name, contact name, email address, event/promotion date, event/promotion location, and a brief summary of the event. Be sure to attach a photo. Your story and photo might be highlighted in an upcoming newsletter, our website, or social media!
- Set the Bar
- Create realistic goals for participation and money raised.
- Get the word out!
- Promote your event, promotion, or fundraiser with flyers, emails, and social media. Word of mouth is some of the best free advertising around. Tell everyone you know or talk to! If you decide to use a Mid-Ohio Foodbank logo, don’t forget that Mid-Ohio Foodbank must approve all materials before being distributed or posted.
- Download our fillable letter (8.5 x 11) or legal (8.5 x 14) size poster.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We can help share your event with our followers.
- There are many free community based calendars where you can post your event or fundraiser to help spread the word.
- How did it get so late so soon?
- Time flies when you are planning. Set a timeline for due dates and give yourself some wiggle room for an unplanned glitch.
Ask! Feel free to ask any questions you have about special events, promotions, and/or fund drives. We are here to help. Please contact: Dana Ward, Development Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.317.9409.