One in six (change to One in five) Ohioans is food insecure. They don’t know where a next meal is coming from. It could be your coworker, friend, or neighbor. Many struggling families have to choose between paying for housing, utilities or medical expenses and putting food on the table.
- More than 600,000 individuals receive emergency food each year through Mid-Ohio Collective.
- For every dollar donated, Mid-Ohio Food Collective can provide 4.5 meals!
- 35% of food requests from pantries are for children. 17% are for senior citizens.
- About half of customer households have at least one working adult.
- Only 5% of customers are homeless; 1 in 5 is a homeowner.
For more information on how to get started:
Tiffany Priest– Manager, Corporate Engagement TPriest@Midohiofoodbank.ORG
Craig Truax – Manager, Corporate Engagement CTruax@Midohiofoodbank.ORG