Important information for agency partners on food safety and resources to stay informed.
Get the Food Safety Recall Widget
A widget is an application that displays the featured content directly on your Web page. You can use the Food Safety Alerts & Tips widgets on your Web site, blog, or other sites to enable you and your visitors to view the latest food safety recalls and alerts. The Food Safety Alerts & Tips widget contains the same recall and alerts informationthat appears on FoodSafety.gov. Plus, it includes food safety tips.
Once you’ve added the widget, there’s no technical maintenance. FoodSafety.gov will update the content automatically.
Copy this code and paste it in your site:
<iframe width="167" height="380" frameborder="0" title="Food Safety Widget" alt="Food Safety Widget" src="http://www.foodsafety.gov/recalls/widget/widget.html"> </iframe>
and it will look like the widget in the sidebar.
Food Safety Recall Updates
We encourage everyone who needs recall information to sign up for Food Safety Recall Updates. Just follow these few steps for notifications:
- Log on to www.recalls.gov
- Click on the food tab at the top.
- Click on the "Sign up for Free Recall Updates by E-mail" (in red toward the top of page)
- Enter your email address and confirm.
- Check the box titled FoodSafety.gov Updated.
When a recall has been issued on any product, the Foodbank receives a notification. Mid-Ohio Foodbank thoroughly reviews all specifications to determine whether the recalled product is on our inventory list, or if it has been distributed throughout our service area.
If it is determined that a recalled item is in our warehouse, the Foodbank immediately places any remaining product on hold to prevent further ordering. Recalled items will be pulled from all existing orders if they are still in our warehouse.
Partners will be notified immediately when recalls are issued, and a member from the Agency Services team will contact each agency that received any recalled product. A credit will be issued to qualifying agencies for recalled items.
When a recall is issued please check your inventory for the following:
- Name of manufacturer and/or brand name
- Packaging Size
- Serial and/or Lot numbers
- Location/area of applicable recall
- Any special instructions for the disposal or the return of recalled items
If your agency receives recalled items, please take the following action:
- Check donations for the applicable product.
- Dispose of any remaining product; if product is from the Mid-Ohio Foodbank, quarantine the product and wait for additional instructions from MOF Agency Services.
- Promptly and efficiently provide food recall or advisory information to any of your clients who may have received some of the recalled products.
- Provide the Foodbank with the proper course of action taken by your agency.