200+ organizations join forces to raise record number of meals!The 2012 Operation Feed season started off on the right foot with “Operation Feed Day” on March 1st – a full day of events starting with award-winning campaign partners volunteering and testing their Foodbank knowledge and ending with an Inspiration Panel and a happy hour – all aimed to inspire new passion and action in the fight against hunger. Momentum created on this day was evident throughout the entire campaign!
The Kitchen Cabinet – in addition to the Strategic Recruitment & Retention, Operation YP and Marketing groups – were at full throttle to ensure that it was an unforgettable year. Many new initiatives were taken on to increase the impact of the campaign, including a new online fundraising tool, Operation Feed’s first Law Firm Challenge, and efforts resulting in nearly 50% FOODFIGHT growth.
At the Finale Face-Off on August 23rd, coordinators and leadership at participating organizations came together to celebrate and wrap-up a truly outstanding season. Some 30 awards were presented to outstanding campaigns, and a stunning 6,730,789 meals were raised – a 9.4% increase over last year! Check out the finale program and photos from the finale to learn more about the 2012 season. This community once again has demonstrated its commitment to fighting hunger and supporting those in need. Thank you to all who worked tirelessly in 2012 … because no one should go hungry.
Awards were presented to the following Outstanding Campaigns:
- American Electric Power / IBEW 1466, **Award of Excellence. 93 meals per capita; 28,521 meal increase over 2011.
- Baker Hostetler, Law Firm Challenge: Most Meals Raised & Most Meals Per Capita. This seasoned campaign partner raised over 44,800 meals, an incredible 411 meals per employee.
- Berliner Action Team for Sports, **Award of Excellence. 53 meals per member; 257% increase over 2011.
- Bob Evans Farms, Inc., **Award of Excellence. 207 meals per employee; 49% increase over 2011.
- Cardinal Health, Largest percentage increase (1000+ employees). Another second year contender, Cardinal Health surpassed their goal raising 22,671 meals an incredible 772% increase over their first year efforts.
- Central Ohio Restaurant Association Foundation, **Award of Excellence. 49% increase over 2011; 25,178 meal increase over 2011.
- Columbus Bar Association, Community Partner Award. Through a partnership with CBA, 16 law firms engaged in the first Law Firm Challenge and collectively raised over 164,000 meals.
- Commerce National Bank, **Award of Excellence. 137 meals per associate; 48% increase over 2011.
- Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C, Law Firm Challenge: Best Small Firm (2 – 10 Associates). Their firm of 9 raised 816 meals, 91 meals per associate.
- Fahlgren Mortine, Spirit Award. As a first year campaign, Fahlgren Mortine implemented many of the best practices suggested by Operation Feed. They attended coordinator training, engaged leadership in their campaign, posted pictures for the photo contest – to name just a few of the things that made their campaign lively and a huge success!
- Germain Lexus, Ford, Nissan, Mazda, **Award of Excellence. 67 meals per employee; 167% increase over 2011.
- ITT Technical Institute – Columbus, **Award of Excellence. 120 meals per associate; 48% increase over 2011.
- KD Yoder & Associates, Most meals per capita (1 – 249 employees), **Award of Excellence. KD Yoder once again tops the list, raising over 14,500 meals for a whopping 3,641 meals per employee, a 135% increase over 2011.
- Marion ACT, **Award of Excellence. 1487 meals per member; 69% increase over 2011.
- Nationwide, Most meals per capita (1000+ employees), **Award of Excellence. Nationwide associates donated 214 meals per associate generating nearly 2,444,000 meals, a 293,292 meal increase over 2011.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, **Award of Excellence. 51 meals per associate; 135,000 meal increase over 2011.
- North Central Mental Health Services, **Award of Excellence. 94 meals per employee; 191% increase over 2011.
- OhioHealth, Director's Choice Award. A strong committee structure, great internal communications, leadership giving outreach and fun activities helped them raise 140,000 meals – 10,000 meals over their goal and a 37% increase over 2011!
- Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), Most meals per capita (250 – 999 employees), **Award of Excellence. Longtime Operation Feed campaign partner OCLC generated 211 meals per associate for a total of 153,500 meals, a 35,000 meal increase over 2011.
- Palmetto GBA, Largest percentage increase (250 – 999 employees), **Award of Excellence. Palmetto GBA elevated their game with 210% increase over 2011 and a donation of 18,780 meals, 64 meals per associate.
- Quantum Health, Largest percentage increase (1 – 249 employees), **Award of Excellence. In only its second year, Quantum Health employees raised 38,400 meals – a 440% increase over 2011 and 167 meals per employee.
- Squire Sanders, *Outstanding New Campaign. Squire Sanders started their campaign efforts off right by attending the coordinator training session and hosting a kick-off at their office. With some healthy competition among sections, they raised an incredible 28,400 meals.
- State of Ohio, Outstanding Virtual Food Drive. The State of Ohio raised an incredible 538,000 meals with several agencies using our Virtual Food Drive and Friends and Family Fundraising tool, earning them the Outstanding Virtual Food Drive Award.
- University of Phoenix —Columbus Campus, **Award of Excellence. 56 meals per employee; 286% increase over 2011.
- UPS – Payroll – Columbus GBS, **Award of Excellence. 70 meals per employee; 48% increase over 2011.
86 organizations were recognized for contributing at the ***Benchmark level in 2012:
Arena District Athletic Club ♦ Bailey Cavalieri, LLC ♦ Baker Hostetler ♦ Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Battelle Memorial Institute ♦ Berliner Action Team for Sports ♦ Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
Cakes For A Cause ♦ Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, LLC ♦ Capital Club Huntington Center
Cardinal Health ♦ Center City International Trucks ♦ Central Ohio Restaurant Association Foundation
Centric Consulting ♦ Century Insurance Group ♦ Columbus Hospitality ♦ Commerce National Bank
Congregation Torat Emet ♦ Continental Real Estate Companies ♦ Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival
Cupnest, LLC ♦ DevCare Solutions ♦ Dickie McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. ♦ Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Dollar General ♦ Dominion Homes ♦ Donatos Pizza Home Office ♦ Ernst & Young, LLP
Fahlgren Mortine ♦ Franklin County Employees ♦ Germain Lexus, Ford, Nissan, Mazda
Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland Council ♦ Graybar Electric Co. ♦ HandsOn Central Ohio
Harrison College ♦ ITT Technical Institute – Columbus ♦ Jones Day ♦ KD Yoder & Associates, Inc.
KeyBank ♦ Kiourtsis Orthodontics ♦ Marion ACT ♦ Maxim Healthcare ♦ Nationwide
Nationwide Children's Hospital ♦ North Central Mental Health Services ♦ Ohio Environmental Council
Ohio Psychological Association ♦ Ohio School Boards Association ♦ OhioHealth ♦ Once Upon A Child
Online Computer Library Center, Inc. ♦ OpenText ♦ Palmetto GBA
Park National Bank – Columbus & Worthington ♦ Peerless Saw Company ♦ PIA of Ohio
Poling | Petrello ♦ QSCC ♦ Quantum Health ♦ Roetzel & Andress ♦ Skyline Exhibits of Central Ohio
Squire Sanders ♦ SS&G ♦ State Auto Insurance Companies ♦ State of Ohio
State Teachers Retirement System ♦ The Dispatch Printing Company ♦ The Goddard School
The Hamptons at Wedgewood ♦ The Poss Team – Keller Williams Capital Partners ♦ Towlift, Inc.
TS Tech North America, Inc. ♦ U S Bank – Development Network ♦ Ulmer & Berne LLP
United Way of Central Ohio ♦ University of Phoenix – Columbus Campus
UPS – Payroll – Columbus GBS ♦ Webface/John McGory ♦ White Castle System, Inc.
Wiles, Boyle, Burkholder & Bringardner Co. LPA ♦ Worthington Industries, Inc. ♦ Zenith Academy
* Outstanding New Campaign is selected based on one or more of the following: meals per capita, leadership involvement, creative strategy.
** Award of Excellence winners meet two of three criteria: 50 meals per capita, a 40 percent increase, a 25,000 meal increase.
*** Benchmark level contributors have successfully reached goals suggested by program staff,
based on average Operation Feed campaign meals raised per capita.
Contact UsIf you have questions or would like more information about Operation Feed, please email email@example.com or call a member of Operation Feed staff:
- Joan Lloyd, Operation Feed Campaign Director, (614) 317- 9410
- Andrew Murphy, Operation Feed Campaign Manager, (614) 317 - 9427
- Angie Leonard, Operation Feed Campaign Coordinator, (614) 317 - 9471