When you join the Mid-Ohio Foodbank’s Marathoning for Meals Team, you join our Columbus community and get the best support, training, and fundraising tools to help you achieve personal goals and feed our hungry neighbors. Marathoning for Meal’s athletes commit to raise funds to fight hunger in the community. We’ve set realistic fundraising goals and are here to support you every step of the way. Every mile of training will be more meaningful and on race day you’ll have extra motivation knowing you are going the extra mile to fight hunger in central and eastern Ohio.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon*
Date: Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Start Time: 7:30 A.M. (both Marathon and Half Marathon athletes start at the same time).
What you get:
- Complimentary registration into the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon or Half Marathon
- A personal fundraising tool to engage your friends and family while you meet your goal
- Fully supported training workouts for all levels with Marathoner in Training (MIT)
- Technical race shirt
- Pre-race dinner on us
- Post-race thank you happy hour
There will be no need to train by yourself. Marathoner In Training (MIT) is offered as a free benefit to Marathoning for Meals program participants. Whether you are a couch potato, walker, casual jogger, or marathon veteran, MIT will help you meet your goals of finishing on race day. Marathoner in Training is a Columbus area training team and includes:
- 1/2 Marathon and Marathon running & walking schedules; customized plans upon request
- Saturday morning group workouts
- Mid-week Up-Tempo/Speed workouts
- Comprehensive Endurance Training seminar series
- Online access to experts in the fields of Sports Nutrition, Physiology, and Sports Medicine
- Discounts at Fleet Feet Sports
- Free running apparel and gear
- Access to 20+ coaches who combine for over 200 marathons
Fundraising Team Page
We have made it easy for you! All you have to do is join the Marathoning for Meals Team and create your personal fundraising page. From here, you can send emails directly to your network of contacts, add pictures to personalize your page, and make it your own. If you need any help with this site – please contact Angie Leonard at email@example.com.
We ask that you commit to fundraise $600 to support Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
After you register for Marathoning for Meals, you will receive an email containing a special code to waive the Columbus Marathon or Half Marathon race fee. Your total cost will only be a $50 registration fee which will go towards your overall fundraising goal.
*Please register quickly as both events sell out early every year.
We are here for you. To find out more about Marathoning for Meals feel free to contact Dana Ward at 614.317.9409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing address is:
Attn: Marathoning for Meals
3960 Brookham Dr.
Grove City, OH 43123